Construction is the main area of application of sandwich panels
Construction technology is not stabil and is constantly developed enriched with new technologies and equipment. Surely the most popular sphere is development of new construction technologies, the use of new materials with unique properties and characteristics. As an example of such material is sandwich panels, which have a range of properties and are very popular.
Nowadays the sandwich panels satisfy all requirement of modern construction. Sandwich panels much cheaper, demanded. So what exactly are sandwich panels exactly? First of all, it should be noted that the sandwich panel is not just a building block, but the whole design, which has its own original composition. Typically, such panels have two outer covering sheets and the insulating layer, i.e the filling of sandwich panel and this is born from the name of the material. Typically, the the reason of such and extraodrinary name.
As a rule, material that is placed inside the panel must be fireproof. This allows you to make such panels virtually non-combustible. The role of the internal filler often performs mineral wool, but sometimes foam is also used as it has many valuable properties.
What are the main advantage of the modern sandwich panels? First, of course, in their versatility. They are able to fully meet all the requirements of fire safety. In addition to this valuable property, you can see that such panels have excellent sound insulation quality, and do not absorb water, which makes it possible their usage in high humidity areas. The usage of sandwich panels is very hygienically, moreover, they are environmentally friendly. Which is also a valuable asset.
Sandwich panels are very popular, but still non-classical material, a classic materials in this sphere are considered brick, wood and concrete. However, the usage of sandwich panels reduces expenditures, as well as construction period. In addition, if you need to dismantle panels, it is also very simple and quick, thanks to the qualities of this material. Easy to work with sandwich panels will use them for such purposes. As a mobile construction, which is a necessary element of the construction.
Often, old buildings are not demolished, instead, they are reconstructed. In this sphere, sandwich panels are simply irreplaceable. They are widely used in areas such as architectural design. Sandwich panels give rein to the imagination; they can completed with any details of any complexity, as well as chosen any color and texture.
Sandwich panels can be perfectly combined with a variety of concrete structures. Such combination is more often used for industrial facilities.
As a rule, the strength is one of the most valuable properties of building materials. If we qualify the strength of the panels, they are durable and resistant to various influences. In fact, sandwich panel is a rare material that fully meets the requirements of the standards, that's why it is so popular in Armenia while in abroad sandwich panels have long been recognized.
The advantages of sandwich panels
The most significant advantages of the sandwich panels are:
- Low cost of transportation of construction materials
- Lightweight and durable sandwich panel is much easier to transport than a ton of bricks, cement, sand, concrete slabs or timber;
- Low pressure on the foundation. This, as a rule, sets free from carrying out geological studies of soil, significantly reducing the cost of installation of foundations;
- The high speed of construction
- Period of building construction is reduced more than 10 times. It is achieved by simplifying the foundation, and by the replacement of masonry or monolithic works simple, quick and easy installation of sandwich panels. Alongside, installation can be carried out on the carcass of any material (metal, concrete, wood) or a ready building for insulation and at the same time improvment of appearance. In addition, the construction site will pleasantly surprise by the complete absence of construction debris. If necessary, the building of the sandwich panels can be removed and transported to another place;
- Surface that does not require additional finishing
- Ideal surface of panels is made at the factory, and therefore does not need any external finishing. Rich colors of panels can satisfy the tastes of every architect and designer and will surely look modern.
- The shell of sandwich panels made of galvanized steel with a multi-layer of corrosion protection coatings, primers and coatings.
For transportation of sandwich panels can be used only technically suitable transport, with a service platform that enables loading from above, (it does not apply to panels with mineral wool).
Loading area must be clean. The surface of the walls and the foundation should not contain protruding nails and other sharp items. Protruding elements must be trimmed so as to avoid damage to the panel. The length of the vehicle (loading platform) must be so that the laggage can be placed over the entire length of the vehicle. It is possoble to leave the laggage extend beyond the cargo bed not more than 1.5 m.
For laggages of 16 ÷ 21 m cargo carrier must obtain a special permit to transport and protect the protruding ends of the panels from flexing by supporting vehicle. In this case the platforms of both surface must be level.
For road transport, the maximum permitted storage of packages in two tiers (it does not concern to the stainless steel sheets, which are not to be stored on other packages).
Taking into account the state of the roads, drivers are required (every 100 km) to check periodically the reliability of fastening of cargo (packet) and, if necessary, correct fastening.
The recommended width of the loading area is about 2500 mm and a maximum speed of transportation of panels is 70 km / h.
Vehicle transporting the panel sshould be equipped with transport belts designed to protect the load on the loading platform. Number of belts depends on the length of the panels, the distance between the belts should be ~ 2 m, it is equipped with 2 sets of flat cables for discharge, a length of ~ 6 m and a capacity of 5 tons. Profiles that are transported together with panels should be mounted individually (individual belts), regardless of packet panels.
Before lifting a package of sandwich panels the technical condition of the package should be checked.
The places of each hanging rope are marked with colorful pen.
Unloading of packages should be done by a bridge crane using a crossbeam and a loop device, a 4-line with flat cables and lugs of ~ 6 m length.
The panels stored at the exposed surface should be carefully protected from rain, snow, high winds and pollution. For proper protection, use cloth covers. (Do not use synthetic materials). Such material provides rapid removal of accumulated moisture. It should be strictly avoided accumulation of moisture between the panels, as in the absence of ventilation for a long time, it can damage to the panels. To avoid fingerprints and dents on panels' sheathing it is not permitted warehousing panels on a building area.
The base on which panels will be then installed must be flat and reinforced so as not to cause permanent damage to the panels. Partially unpacked packages should always be protected from rain and strong wind.
Safety and hygiene
All operations carried out when installing sandwich panels, must be in accordance with the applicable regulations for safety and hygiene for the installation and roofing, as well as under the supervision of authorized persons.
Moreover, during installation, it is important to use the following devices to protect against falls from a height:
- safety rope barriers around the perimeter of the building,
- safety ropes and straps
- safety devices
Preparing for installation
Before you begin the installation of sandwich panels the following steps should be carried out:
- check the design in terms of relevance of the project (to eliminate possible differences);
- check whether the placement runs, pillars and beams project and the instructions contained in the tables of statistical loads;
- check the linearity of the pillars and beams in the wall structure of the object
- verify the work associated with base, and other waterproofing works;
- prepare the tools needed arrows for installation of panels.
Proper preparation will ease the construction, as well as provide reliable performance of connectors that attach the panel, and give appropriate look to enclosing structure of the object.